Friday, July 23, 2010

I Wouldn't Wish

Yesterday a got a call from my youngest daughter, and I could hear the distress in her voice.  It was about her dad, and I knew when I heard her voice break and she started blubbering, that it wasn't going to be good.  They have given her dad 2 months at the most to live, and it's starting to take it's toll on them.  Yesterday, the visiting nurse, told them that he needed to go to the hospital, and have a procedure done to remove a blockage from his bladder, so a cather could be installed.  They say that he also has had blood in his stool the last few times, and that's from the cancer.  She knows what's going to happen, but when you see the steps starting to unfold in front of you, it's very hard to accept.  Not being able to help or stop this thing from taking someone you love is hard on any family member.  I will continue to be there for them, during this and be what is needed, when I am asked.  After all, he once was my husband, and is the father of my child...........