Thursday, November 7, 2013

What to Do?

I'm in a relationship with a man, who isn't into getting to know my family and friends.  I have no idea why except his excuse that they will think he's using me because of the age difference.  See, he's 14 years younger than me and he thinks they will be skeptical to him and our relationship.  It's for sure I found some eyebrows to be raised, about a few subjects, but in all they were smoothed when they realized how happy I was.  Still he hasn't even made the effort to introduce me to his Mom, and other siblings.  This is disheartening, since many times he has said we will go see Mom, this weekend only to fudge on the matter.  I have talked to her on the phone and as of last week he finally trusted me with her phone number.  I don't feel secure the way he is doing things and wonder just how far he will take these matters?
The holidays are coming up and I'm at a loss as to what I can do for all subjects involved.  I know that sooner or later the matter of meeting mine and his will come into focus, but how is everyone going to handle the long wait?  I just am at a loss in these matters and wish he would stop being so elusive.