Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Eye

I just can't seem to get things right when it comes to my health. I took 2/500mg antihistamines last Sat. when I had a head full of sinus.  I was in a hurry to get ready for work at my part time job.  I grabbed 2 pills out of the bottle and took them in hopes of being better once I drove in to work.  During the drive my BP shot up and I popped a blood vessel in my right eye.  Talking about the fear of God!  When I got to work, I casually looked in a mirror to see if I was looking decent.  That's when I saw the blood under the membrane in my right eye.  Realizing that I felt a bit unsteady and woozy, I went and sat down for a few minutes.  Still feeling that way an hour later, I took off work and went to the ER at a local hospital.  They reminded my of my age and how the vessels get thinner with age.  Certain meds were recommended and I was released.  Well, I purchased these meds and they are not doing a real good job of handling my allergies.  I still catch myself with sneezing, headaches and runny nose.  So, I guess that since the eye is involved, I will need to have my BP checked and possibly get on meds for that?  I still feel unsteady and that's not a good feeling.  I also feel my pulse beating much harder that it once did, which I'm sure will be because of age.  Damn it!  Getting old sucks, but it's better than the alternative. :(