Saturday, June 21, 2008

I Don't Know That Child !














I remember the day, my oldest son, who was two, found a way to embarrass me. While sitting in the waiting room of my doctor's office, to have my initial 6week exam, after having my second son, it happened.
My oldest noticed a lady across the room, who was breast feeding her baby. Being curious he stood there watching her. Afraid that he might be bothering her, I told him to leave the lady alone and come sit down. She calmly replied that it was okay, that "he wasn't bothering her".
My son, stood there a few more minutes, and then he asked her "what ya doing"? She said "feeding my baby", and he answered "oh". He stood there a few more minutes, and the he said " my mom has some of those, but she don't use them".
Well, the lady smiled, and looked at me, and said "oh really"?
I could have fell through the floor.........I quickly, told my son to get over here and sit down. Of course, my face was red and I was wanting to crawl somewhere.