Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dog Attacks

There have been more than one instance where dogs have mauled, children and adults as well. In most instances, the dogs were Pits or Rotts, so why are these dogs being allowed in residential areas?
A 3-year-old Fort Worth girl was mauled to death by a Rottweiler after police said she crawled through an opening in a fence separating two back yards. This is a horrible thing to happen, and I wonder where the parents were, when all this was happening? Yet, this is a 3 yr. old that wasn't being supervised and now they have no small girl to play with anymore. Reports are that she
had severe face, head and neck injuries.
Police say the
dog was seized by animal control and after further investigation into the case it is possible the dog will be euthanised. It is my belief that these type of dogs should be out on a farm. At one time I had a dog that bit several people, and the vet told me the dog would never be any good for anything but to run loose on a farm. I have no idea what happened to that dog, because after he attacked one of my children, I left him at the pound and never brought him home again. My child was more important to me.