Saturday, April 5, 2008

Do You Believe?

I found something on a website, I just had to post.........here it is.....

believe

“Have you believed because you have seen me?
Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.”

~Jesus (from John 20:29)

Those were the words of Jesus to Thomas after he didn’t believe that the other disciples had seen Jesus. Thomas told the others that he would only believe that Jesus was alive unless he saw the print of nails in Jesus’ hands and place his finger in the mark of nails and in his side. So when finally Thomas saw Jesus, our Lord said to him, “put your fingers here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side; do not be faithless, but believing. (John 20:27)”

How many times do we have faith (or the lack of it) like Thomas? We always look for the clues, for proof, for assurance. It happens to me, too. Sometimes my faith crumbles just because I don’t have enough faith in Him. There were times before that I doubted the Lord’s faithfulness but in return brought me more anxiety and sleepless nights. However, this is a tested formula for me every time sticky situation happens and everything seems hanging on a haywire — I just ponder on His words, and then slowly weigh things over. I always realize that there’s really nothing to fear and that I should only put my whole trust and faith in Him. I just need to wait and believe because surely, everything will turn alright (even if it seems not).

Here’s a nice poem to keep us believing:

Believe Me

Believe Me - God gave us the wisdom to know
Believe Me - His wisdom is far greater than gold
Believe Me - Our Creator knew us before we were born
Believe Me - By grace we are linked to divinity
Believe Me - His divine beings are there for you and me
Believe Me - There is one Creator in the universe
Believe Me - He is Father of the human race
Believe Me - When the world proclaims and honors his name
Believe Me - The world will be rich with compassion and fame
Believe Me - When our relationship with God is A-1
Believe Me - God told us I take care of my own
Believe Me - I know that I know that I know
Believe Me - Believe me - Believe me

by Grace Galasso St. Dawn

No comments: