Sunday, July 26, 2009

Garage/Yard Sale

Yesterday, I found myself sitting out in the hot sun under a huge tree in my ex-wife inlaws yard, displaying some of my wares "for sale". I'm not really into this much time with the other side of the family, it sounded like a good thing to do and not be sitting at home all day bored. Nay, to that one..........it was very boring.........there weren't many customers, and the one's that actually bought anything, was her neighbors, and it was my stuff they bought. I believed that she did it on the wrong days, but then who am I to tell her what to do? It's now her yard ( used to be mne), and she can do when and what she wants with it........either way, my opinion would have been to do it Friday and Saturday, not Saturday and Sunday. She really wasn't set up to do it in the right manner, anyway. As you know a good sale like that takes some planning, not just throwing a bunch of stuff out in the yard and put up a sign at the end of the street. Either way, when I left around 5:30pm, she still hadn't made a sale, and was feeling let down.