Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father's Day

Well, if I'd have had a father, it might have been different. So, Father's Day, is for the other people and the one's that are able to say they had or have one.
Being in life, without a dad, and wondering why, he didn't care enough to come see me or want me, was very hard. I never met him for several years, and when I finally did, he acted as if I was an alien. During his last years, I finally got his attention, and made it point to let him know, that I wanted nothing from him, financially, or otherwise. I just wanted to get to know him and visit, write and call. That's basically what happened, until he died. I went to the funeral, and showed no emotion, because there was only regret. His family actually acknowledged me and had me sit on the front row, with them at the graveside services. So all you can surmize from this is a lost cause