Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Have A Mantle Clock.......

The sound of a striking clock has been part of my life since childhood. From my grandmother to mother and now even me, it has been an accent of our lives. I believe the sound of a clock gives a home the feeling of coziness along with family ties. When you have a mantle clock in your home it also becomes a conversation piece, when you have visitor's.
When buying that special mantle or grandfather clock, you want to make it a centerpiece in your home. Searching for the right style or design, is most important when looking at mantle clocks displays. You may want an antique, to customize your home decor. I found that the larger clocks posed too much noise and therefore I lean toward the smaller mantel styles.
My clock, has a nice feature which lets it stop chiming at 9pm and start up again at 6am. I'm thankful for this feature, so that it doesn't keep us awake during the night chiming. I remember as a child the 8 day clock my grandmother had, not only chimed all night, but also at the half hour. Somehow I managed to sleep even though many times I was wakened by it.