Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Alcoholic Misery

I've found that the alcoholic has many miseries to contend with.  My latest encounter with the problems of this, was to talk with an acquaintance about what's happening in her life.  This is a very sad time for her and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  Not only has she become a widow recently, but now she's added the possible loss of her job, because she can't control her drinking.  I repeatedly scolded her down through the years about going to work with beer on her breath.  She found ways to mask the scent with mouth wash and such.  The alcohol has taken it's toll on her body as well, and now she has a hard time controlling her bladder.  To this demise she has finally fell and it's not a pretty sight.  I hope she can find a way to negotiate with the supervisor's about her job, and be able to keep it.  There's no one else to help her with finances and it will be a disaster to her life if this happens.