Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Radical Child

I'm sure you've been around a family with wild and crazy kids.  I believe that every family has that one person, who just can't seem to get it right and leads the type of life everyone questions.  Why, you say did this happen, or what were they thinking?  I will venture to tell you that there is no set rules for raising children.  Each child is an adventure starting to happen.  They have their own unique way of dealing and listening to the information being fed to them.  I had to butt my head against a brick wall many times in life, before finally deciding that I didn't want to do that anymore.  It hurt too bad and I was doing it to myself.  As a mother, I've also learned that you have to stay back, let them fall, see if they're able to get back up on their own, and then you react.  Your decision to act or not,  can have a lifetime effect on the emotional status of that child.  Some children, will get up and go on as if nothing ever happened.  Others will lay there and whine.  Motherhood, is a very hard task and I haven't got it right, yet.