Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New Plants

I live in an apartment and really miss having a garden as I have had in years past.  I bought some planter's and proceeded to plants the seeds.  On the left is small leaf lettuce coming up along with the radishes next to them in the middle of the picture.  I only hope that once these plants start growing it will be reasonable and not over powering.  You notice that there is a portion of the planter not shown.  It's because that set of seeds haven't come up as fast as the other seeds.  I hope that I don't get into trouble with the management when the cucumber vines start growing.  Last year I had a bumper crop of cucumbers and the vines ran wild up on a fence next to where I planted them.  This planter box is out on my patio and there's a rail around it, on which the vines can grow.  Maybe if I keep the vines cut back and not allow them to sprawl out then I won't get into trouble.