Saturday, April 9, 2011

Over 50, Alone

I don't know if you can relate to this article or not.  I find myself in the position of being older and alone.  It's not a good feeling to be alone, and you often make decisions that are not to your benefit, because of it.  I find that when the opposite sex gives me attention, it boosts my ego and self esteem.  Falling for someone's advances is too easy and I must take care to watch these loose actions.  Being alone at my age is not a nice feeling and it tells many people to think negative things about me.  They often consider me too hard and cold to get along with.  They may be right on those subjects, because of the abuse I received when I actually tried to have relationships.  It's very hard to believe that someone has the right feelings for me, and are not just out to get a free ride.  This often keeps me to myself, and very alone.