Friday, August 29, 2008

Black Friday

The day after Thanksgiving is the number 1 selling day there is for the Christmas Holidays. Everyone heads to the stores as early as 5am to be in line when the doors open at 6am. If you've been there then you know what I'm talking about. Some people make it a yearly ritual, to shop the day after Thanksgiving. To the stores, this day is considered to be black friday
and just exactly why they call it that I'm not sure. I would suppose it's because of the storm of customers they experience, and the onslaught of bad manners, exhibited by them.
Each year the black friday website, develops advertisements for many different stores, in order to draw precised business. They produce ads for (ie. bestbuy deals, circuit city ad, officemax specials, etc.) these stores according to the sales they will be offering. These are just a few of the name brand stores we are accustomed to shopping at. Black Friday values are adjusted to the stores conveniences and prices.
I tried it one year and almost got run down by a little old white haired lady, with her wheel chair. That was a crime going to happen, and I made sure to get out of her way. I made a vow to myself, to never do that again. I know that I'm only one of a few, who decided to stay home in my cozy bed, while others are getting trampled.
I've watched several different newscasts showing the objects customers, managed to get to first and they told of the savings they had made, by not waiting to shop later. Shopping later has it's downfall, but at least you don't get beat up or talked bad to.
Black Friday shoppers, will be able to go to the website and see all the different ads listed. Then they can decide which store to shop for what item.