Tuesday, March 16, 2010

1st Time Around.........

I can remember my 1st pregnancy and what all I felt during the time I carried my son.  Yes, it was a boy and my husband was very happy.  I asked him what he wanted to name the child if it was a boy, and he said he didn't care, as long as the baby was healthy.  You see, back in those days the doctor's didn't advocate having a sono gram to find out the baby's gender.  It was a fairly new product on the markets and they were still in the learning modes.  Most of the time we mother's just made sure that we got colors, that would go with a boy or a girl.  So, there was a lot of yellows and greens, plus mostly gowns and diaper shirts with matching rubber lined pants.  Oh, and we had cloth diapers, with diaper pins, powder and a wash cloth..........no baby wipes, or disposable diapers.  Yes, those were the days..........!